Sunday, April 10, 2011

TGIF!


So back tracking a little bit! Friday April 8th was a great day! Michael was still off work, so we dropped Kylie off at daycare and headed to the hospital. Brooke had two really great nurses, Robin and Brittany, and a great Nurse Practitioner, Janie. As soon as we got there Janie and Robin came over to us and let us know that they figured out the reason for Kylie's fever. I was soo excited to hear the cause, I knew it would make things easier for Brooke because she had already had a lot of testing done. They told us that the placenta had an infection in it, called chorioamnionitis. When I looked it up online it says it's mostly caused by prolonged labor, but I had nothing close to prolonged labor!! The only thing I read that I can think caused it is multiple exams. Since I was in the hospital twice the week before Brooke was born I had at least 6 exams and I think that's what caused it. So the game plan 14 doses of antibiotics, over 7 days. So we were looking at her coming home on April 14th. Michael and I hated the news but were so glad that we knew what the cause was. Michael and I went and had lunch then went back and fed Brooke. But really I was just so over joyed to have an answer.

No comments: